Time-Effective Therapy for Meaningful Life Transitions
I specialize in providing IN-DEPTH, TIME-LIMITED and SHORT TERM THERAPY to adults who are struggling to adjust to significant changes in their lives due to divorce, marriage, parenthood, midlife, difficulties with acculturation to the US, and career changes. If recent or upcoming life events are shaking your ground causing you to feel worried, angry, depressed, or you no longer know who you are or what you want, I am here to help.
Together we can work in a focused, and intensive manner to help you move from feeling lost and uncertain, to living a new life that is aligned with who you truly are, in the shortest time possible.
If you are going through a very painful transition, it might be hard to believe this, but crises do bring opportunities. Yes, a crises usually take us out of our comfort zone and produce significant emotional pain. Things inside of us, such as our beliefs, values, illusions, dreams, and everything else we took for certain or granted get shaken up, sometimes violently. Thanks to all of that movement inside of our psyche, LIFE CRISES make GREAT OPPORTUNITIES for investment in our own personal growth providing space for DEEP, LONG-LASTING TRANSFORMATION.
My training in effective therapy techniques for accelerated change, will help you reach your goals in a timely manner, so that you can move forward with the life you want to live.
I can help you if:
- You are in the midst of a crisis and need to make important life decisions in a short period of time.
- You are experiencing an unusual level of demands on your emotional resources and are feeling drained, unmotivated, exhausted, too anxious; or as a result of being under so much stress, you are have started to experience physical symptoms.
- You have recently experienced a loss of a relationship, a separation from your family, or are experiencing difficulty adjusting to living in a new culture.
- You are living in the DC area for a short period of time and need support while you are here, or you want to work on a particular issue you are experiencing while you are here.
- You are totally new to therapy and even a bit sceptic, but are willing to give it a try to see if it might be helpful in the long run.
If any of these concerns apply to you, you might be a good fit for my INTENSional 6-week and 12-week therapy programs!
If engaging in a time-limited (6 week or 12 week) therapy program is not in your best interest, or if
- You have had a long-standing history of depression, or anxiety.
- You have experienced significant problems with emotional and physical intimacy in relationships.
- You have trouble taking the “driver seat” in your life, or have the tendency to go along with others, leading later to resentment in your relationships.
- You have a history of engaging in self-sabotage when working towards a goal.
Then you are likely to benefit from my Short-Term therapy services.
HOW DO I, AS YOUR THERAPIST, MAKE SURE THAT THERAPY WILL BE TIME-EFFECTIVE?
The first step in making sure that therapy will be time-effective is through a very careful consultation session, which is called “trial therapy” session. This trail therapy session is an opportunity also for you to experience immediately how WE work TOGETHER. From the beginning we will focus on the problem you are wanting help with, and after we agree on your goals for therapy we start working right away. I believe it is very important that clients feel helped by therapy from the beginning.
Once we get started you will notice that therapy with me is intentional, intensive, and compassionate.
TRACKING YOUR PROGRESS
For us to know if therapy is being helpful to you, we have to be able to track your progress. For this reason, I rely on feedback from you, from my review of our sessions, and data from questionnaires that help to track changes over time. These processes that we will have in place will allow us to gather data about your progress, and most importantly, it would help us to be alert to potential roadblocks in your progress that might not be very evident otherwise. If we are not seeing progress, we can correct the course of the treatment in a timely manner.
WHAT TO DO NEXT?
If you are feeling ready to do the hard work that therapy requires, the first step is to set up a free 15 minute-phone consultation that would help me determine if you and I are likely to be able to work together towards your goals.
In the event that during our call it became clear that therapy with me will not likely be beneficial to you, or that I know of a therapy provider that would be a better fit for you depending on your problem or your goals, I will be happy to facilitate a referral to a trustworthy, outstanding provider in the DC community.